This is a collection of various things I've done related to video games. I seem to have an obsession with mapping (see also my Adventure Game Mapper project), so there's a bit of that in here. Another obsession of mine is digging into savegame formats and the like, so many of the links are related to cheating at games as well.
There's also some bits of software in here, and the line between what I consider a "project" to put in the main area of the site, and what's merely something to be included in this category is pretty ill-defined. A few of these could easily belong in both. In general, I've tried to keep the Projects area to applications with an actual UI of some sort (even if it's text-based), whereas the programs here are more likely to be commandline only.
- I've put up a short page about the fantastic old DOS game ZZT, mostly just so that I can provide an archive of the ZZT Manual.
- While doing a second playthrough of Shadow of Mordor, I got to wondering about the mission/quest tree, specifically in regards to what missions unlock which rewards, and the quickest paths to said rewards. So, I put together a Shadow of Mordor Quest/Mission Tree.
- Similarly, I have a plot tree for Star Control II / Ur-Quan Masters available.
- I've been accumulating quite a lot of Borderlands content on here.
- Some notes about building LOOT (a mod management app for Fallouts and TESes) on Linux.
- I got curious about Wing Commander: Privateer Gun Statistics, specfically about which gun was the "best," if you will. That page will provide some answers.
- I put together a little puzzle tree for the old Infocom adventure game Stationfall, when I was looking for a path through the game without too much back-and-forth.
- This is ancient history by this point, but I've got a collection of Minecraft Checksums for earlier versions of Minecraft, from way back in the Alpha days until Minecraft 1.4.6. If you're interested in knowing if you've got a legit version of early Minecraft software, it could be handy.
- Also ancient history: some scripts for managing Omnibot bots in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
- Various notes about mostly-oldschool adventure games (Infocom, etc.)
- A collection of Game Maps
- A bunch of mini-projects relating to Editing Savegames, Bruteforce Puzzle solvers, and other outright cheats